So, this morning I posted the #GamerGate article, and, per usual, announced it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Since that time…
- We’ve had more people visit the site than any other day, ever.
- That single article got, in less than a day, 7 times the views of any other article on the site, including the most popular (“About ∞ Infinity“), which has been up for two years and getting steady views all that time. This can be explained because…
- I got retweeted by the most popular blogger on the planet, the man who started modern blogging, and hence the godfather of the blogosphere, the Instapundit.
- Which brought numerous other retweets and favorites by sundry people.
- Links got reposted to Know Your Meme and some unknown group(s) deep in the black-box bowels of Facebook, both of whom sent me record levels of traffic.
- The article got praised by NYT bestselling author Larry Correia, on Twitter.
- Actor Adam Baldwin — Animal Mother, Jayne, John Casey — retweeted it.
- Then he Followed my Twitter account.
Jayne, the man they call Jayne, the hero of Canton, Follows my Twitter account.
In any case, and the real reason I’m posting this, is that work is progressing on ∞ Infinity. I’ve been working on the shooting rules, armor, and several other smaller rules. As soon as my current spate of Torg posts is through, I hope to start playtesting. On that note, I have another Torg post going out tonight, so those of you on the List / Google+ / etc. keep an eye out.
Here’s the thing: all of the above is awesome, and terrific, and just the coolest thing ever. But it’s not going to last. This is just a temporary traffic bump, driven by an ongoing controversy. It’s about the Internet shitstorm, not me.
Work on my projects will continue, as steadily and quickly as I’m able. Even when I’m not posting, work is going on.
Thanks to all you guys, who take the time to playtest and comment. You’ve displayed inhuman amounts of patience with an insanely slow process, and I deeply appreciate it. I’m not going to let you down.