IGN has a 2013 tribute video to his 10 best movies, which seems as good a place as any to start.
• #10 is ridiculous. I cannot believe there is no other film that could bump Attack of the Clones down a notch or two. Or ten.
• Grand Moff Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding the monster’s leash.
• Sherlock Holmes. One of his enduring roles, he played in multiple films.
• Hammer Horror. Where he earned his bones. (No pun intended. This time.)
(Obviously my watching of Lee movies is seriously deficient. I shall have to address that one of these days.)
• Bond. Of course. Even a mediocre Bond is usually better than most other movies. And with Christopher Lee playing the villain…
• Saruman. Lee was the best actor, and delivered the strongest performance, in all the Jackson Middle Earth films.
• Dracula. A role that came to define him. And he, in turn, came to define much of Dracula.
• The Wicker Man. Or should I say, the GOOD Wicker Man. Pagan, disturbing, gruesome. A great horror flick.