Here’s the latest progress on Destiny:
- The next session in the playtest campaign is being written. Like the previous, this will focus on combat.
- The next rules revision (0.2a) is still moving forward, at a brutal slog:
- Preliminary character creation and advancement rules are sketched out, but not written up. (That is, they currently exist as notes only.)
- Revisions to the Initiative Rules are sketched out, but not written up.
- Rules for Character Traits are partially written up.
- Rules for actions and movement are being mulled over.
- The existence of combat maneuvers and conditions is mostly theoretical at this point.
- The core play style of the game is being written up and clarified (see the previous two blog posts).
- The rules have been grouped into Chapters, and a rules overview (for new players) has been recreated. A Table of Contents can be said to exist.
- Various sections of the rules have been rewritten. In some cases this was to clarify the rules, in others to replace bad writing or punch up the text.
- Suggestions and comments from various and sundry sources have been incorporated.
- The feedback from the first playtest session has been received and processed (and has materially improved the game). Questions raised by playtesters and Alpha Readers have been answered (in the form of the three FAQ’s on the subject). There are a couple of questions outstanding, which will be answered ASAP.
In other words, progress is being made. As various new/revised rules are finished, they’ll be posted.
Thanks for the feedback, comments, typo reports, and playtesting. All involved have my sincere gratitude.